Another year down, and more memories were made!
Oh my gosh, y’all! I can’t believe 2016 is almost over! It’s crazy to think that at the beginning of the year I was SO excited about seeing Carrie Underwood, and that same weekend possibly going in for my first IUI… Then finding out that same week prior that the IUI wasn’t possible. Fast-forward to March 2nd when surgery happened to now. I cannot believe I have just short of 6 weeks left with my pregnancy!
Some of my favorite memories, aside from finding out we got pregnant, of course were just a few to list in no special order:
- Seeing Carrie Underwood! Oh. My. Gosh she was amazing!!! This same weekend I went to a LUSH store for the first time, and fell in love with that place!
- Becoming an Aunt! By marriage, I consider Danny’s nieces and nephew mine as well, but to be an auntie from the little tyke at birth is a special, special gift. Caleb Miles entered the world April 19th, and he has been my favorite little guy since.
- Going to the Orlando City game. The game we went to was about a week after the Pulse Nightclub incident, so it was very somber being there, but it was great to have a silent moment for the individual’s who’s lives were lost, injured, and of course their families.
- Starting my blog! Within the last few months I’ve really invested time into researching to get this puppy up and running. I have SO MUCH to learn, but little by little I commit my time and energy to it so I can hopefully get to where I want to be. 🙂
- Trying out essential oils for the first time. LOVE my Young Living set. I don’t devote enough time to showing people what I’ve done with them, but they work, people! In fact, you can order anytime through me. I don’t tell people that enough, either! Just click on the image below and you can browse away. My top three favorites (right now at least) are Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint. Diffuse those three and it smells like spa paradise.
- Gracie beat cancer! Our little girl had surgery herself earlier this year for a malignant tumor on her, and thank God our vet pulled everything from her. Talk about a scare!
- I became a CrossFit wife. Let me just let that settle in for a second. Some probably just read this, and thought, “OK? Cool?” However, to me, I’m proud of Danny! I am so proud to watch him surpass different fitness goals and be SO proud of himself!
- I hit a year at my career. Hey, that rhymes! Haha, but seriously. I absolutely LOVE my job, and will soon hit 2 years before we know it in May!
- I became a coffee drinker. Say what?! I know. I have always loved the smell, hated the taste. I finally found my right taste and how to mix it without it tasting bitter. And no, that doesn’t involve a pound of sugar. Unless Danny makes coffee, then it does. His is strong! OH, and I only drink iced. Do. Not. Like hot. Ew!
- I’ll end with ten favorites. I’d have to say my tenth is getting our finances in order. We took the Dave Ramsey course last year, and while we loved it, we did fail to follow through. We ended up taking pieces of what we learned from Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover, and our own budgeting tips that worked for us. We’re on our way to paying off our debt little by little!
This has certainly been one year to remember, and to think life is about to change drastically in less than 2 months blows my mind! It’s all amazing changes, but it’s coming, and it’s coming fast! Christmas is officially 2 days away, and it’s our last as just ‘Danny & Nikki’, the two of us. We’re making it a special one, all while chatting about new traditions we’ll make of our own next year. We can’t wait for what’s to come. I can’t wait to see what will come of my blog, and so much more!
We wish you all a very Merry Christmas!